It’s a chip off the ole Blokus but with a challenging twist! Each Triangular Trigon piece you play must touch at least one other piece of the same color, but only at the corners! Angles jut in every direction, so new strategies are always evolving. Think carefully! You can block and be blocked at any moment! The game ends when no more pieces can be placed down, and the player with the lowest number remaining wins! Quick to learn, challenging to master. For 2 4 players, ages 7 and up. Includes 1 recessed game board, 88 Trigon pieces in four bright translucent colors, and guide.
Game Genre: Puzzle
No. of Players: 4
Suitable for ages 8 and above
Game Duration: 30 mins
Family/Kids Friendly: Yes
exagonal playing board with 486 triangles on the board
4 sets of 22 pieces in red, blue, green and yellow
- 1 piece made up of one triangle.
- 1 piece made up of two triangles.
- 1 piece made up of three triangles.
- 3 pieces made up of four triangles.
- 4 pieces made up of five triangles.
- 12 pieces made up of six triangles.
How to Play
Each player begins at one of the marked spaces on the board. The order of play is blue, yellow, red, green colours.
As the play progresses, each new piece is placed on the board. The new piece placed must touch another piece of the same colour, and it can only touch corner-to-corner or corner-to-edge. The constraint is that a piece can never touch another piece of the same colour edge-to-edge.
When a player cannot place any more pieces on the board (either because they are blocked and can’t fit any more, or because they have already placed all of their pieces), they must drop out of the game. The other players continue until no one is able to place any more pieces on the board.
At the end of the game, each player must count the number of triangles that they were unable to place on the trigon board, and calculates their score as follows:
- Each triangle that is not placed on the board counts as a negative point.
- 15 points are awarded as a bonus, if the player has all 22 pieces placed on the board.
- This bonus increases to 20 points if the 22 pieces were placed on the board with the single triangle piece being placed last.
Players can choose to play multiple rounds and keep a running tally of the scores. The winner is the person with the maximum points!