Give your team clever one-word clues to help them spot their agents in the field. Codenames is an easy party game to solve puzzles.
The game is divided into red and blue, each side has a team leader, the team leader’s goal is to lead their team to the final victory.
At the beginning of the game, there will be 25 cards on the table with different words. Each card has a corresponding position, representing different colours.
Only the team leader can see the colour of the card. The team leader should prompt according to the words, let his team members find out the cards of their corresponding colours, and find out all the cards of their own colours to win.
Game Genre: Party / Family-fun
No. of players: 2 to 8+ players
Suitable for ages 10 and up
Game Duration: 15 mins
Family/Kids Friendly: Yes
16 Agent Cards in 2 colours
1 Double Agent card
7 Innocent Bystander Cards
1 Assassin Card
40 Key Cards
1 Card Stand
200 cards with 400 codenames
How to play?:
1) In Codenames, two teams compete to see who can make contact with all of their agents first.
2) Spymasters give one-word clues that can point to multiple words on the board.
3) Their teammates try to guess words of the right colour while avoiding those that belong to the opposing team. And everyone wants to avoid the assassin.
Codenames: Win or lose, it’s fun to figure out the clues.
AWARDS & HONORS
- 2017 As d’Or – Jeu de l’Année Nominee
- 2016 UK Games Expo Best Party Game Winner
- 2016 Tric Trac Nominee
- 2016 SXSW Tabletop Game of the Year Nominee
- 2016 Swiss Gamers Award Nominee
- 2016 Spiel des Jahres Winner
- 2016 Spiel des Jahres Nominee
- 2016 Nederlandse Spellenprijs Best Family Game Nominee
- 2016 International Gamers Award – General Strategy: Multi-player Nominee
- 2016 Gouden Ludo Best Family Game Winner
- 2016 Gouden Ludo Best Family Game Nominee
- 2016 Best Science Fiction or Fantasy Board Game Nominee
- 2016 Årets Spel Best Adult Game Nominee
- 2015 Meeples’ Choice Winner
- 2015 Meeples’ Choice Nominee
- 2015 Jocul Anului în România Beginners Finalist
- 2015 Golden Geek Most Innovative Board Game Nominee
- 2015 Golden Geek Board Game of the Year Nominee
- 2015 Golden Geek Best Party Board Game Winner
- 2015 Golden Geek Best Party Board Game Nominee
- 2015 Golden Geek Best Family Board Game Winner
- 2015 Golden Geek Best Family Board Game Nominee
- 2015 Cardboard Republic Socializer Laurel Winner
- 2015 Cardboard Republic Socializer Laurel Nominee
Card Sleeves needed for cards: Turquoise 54x80mm, Rose 70×70 mm, Aquamarine 45x68mm
No. of Cards sleeves needed: 1 packet of Turquoise, 1 packet of Rose, 4 packet of Aquamarine
For full instructions: https://czechgames.com/files/rules/codenames-rules-en.pdf